Clinical Specialist. Radiographer - Radiation Protection Officer
We are seeking a Clinical Specialist. Radiographer – Radiation Protection, for our client, a Dublin based hospital
- Graduate Certificate in Radiation Safety
- Minimum 4 years post graduate experience
- Full knowledge of current Radiation Safety Legislation
To ensure that Local and National Radiation Protection Rules are applied at all times:
- Recognise and comply with Statutory Instrument No. 256 of 2018 and any subsequent guidelines issued by HIQA; Statutory Instrument No. 30 of 2019 and any subsequent guidelines issued by the EPA,; Guidelines on the Protection of the Unborn Child during Diagnostic Medical Procedures, RPII, May 2010; Local Rules.
- Ensure all Radiology, Radiography, Nursing, Consulting and Ancillary staff complies with regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure all amendments and updates are communicated appropriately.
- Advise the patient, as appropriate, in areas of radiation exposure and risk benefit.
- Liaise with the RPA and modality engineers to ensure exposure optimization.
- Liaise with the Radiologist to ensure that all exposures are justified
- As per Statutory Instrument No. 30 of 2019, section 34 (1) – The RPO will be provided with adequate information and facilities to discharge the function. A minimum of 5 days per month will be allocated for RPO duties.
For more information call : + 353 (0)19695423 or apply via link below.